“Nursing is one of the fine arts: I had almost said the finest of fine arts”– Florence Nightingale
When we start talking about Nursing, the first thing that crosses our mind is that it is a noble profession. So much so that we start thinking that becoming a nurse only depends on having a compassionate personality. We tend to overlook the fact that it is such a hard job. People’s lives depend on nurses. And how skillful a nurse must be in order to keep it all going inside a hospital or healthcare centre.
It’s high time we change our perspective towards the Nursing career. Though it is indeed expected of a nurse to possess ample kindness and sympathy for her patients, that is by no means enough.
Like all other professions, Nursing too is a competitive market. One needs a good amount of skills and qualification for becoming a Nursing Assistant.
However, merely possessing the skills too is not enough. A nursing assistant needs a great resume that includes all the important Nursing Assistant Resume Skills and Nursing Assistance Resume Keywords to beat the Applicant Tracking System and get called for the interview.
In this guide you will find:
- Nursing Assistance Resume Skills and their importance
- How to build an Optimized Resume for Nursing Assistant jobs that will get more interview calls
- List of Important Nursing Assistant Resume Keywords
- How to extract Nursing Assistant Resume Keywords from a Job Description
- Nursing Assistant Resume Samples
If your goal is to find resume skills for a specific job role that you are applying for, you can right away use RezRunner and compare your resume against any job description. Or, you can see RezRunner sample tour to check how it helps find skills so that you can optimize your resume.
Nursing Assistant Resume Skills and their Importance
Apart from essential qualifications like Nursing Training and Courses, a nurse needs many other skills. The top Nursing Assistant Resume Skills are:
- Knowledge of Medicine and Medical Techniques: Nurses require basic knowledge of medical science for obvious reasons. These skills are generally obtained by aspiring nurses when they are getting their nursing training. The more knowledgeable and competent a nursing assistant is, the more successful she becomes.
- Communication Skills: A big part of a nursing assistant’s duty involves communicating with doctors as well as the patients, and their relatives. Effective communication skill is one of the most important Nursing Assistant Resume Skills to be included in your next resume.
- Compassion: This is also very important. Nursing assistants who cannot empathize with her patients can’t be a very good nurse. After all, the ailing patients cannot always contact the doctors, and for them, as well as for their relatives, their only place of solace is the Nursing Assistants. A good Nursing Assistant attends to her patients sincerely and tries to provide them comfort as much as possible.
- Time Management Skills: Patients are hundreds and Nursing Assistants are limited in number. One Nurse might have to take responsibility for 10 or more patients sometimes. The way a Nursing Assistant manages her time and looks after all of them is a very important Nursing Assistant Resume Skills to have.
- Carefulness: In a hospital, a Nursing Assistant is as important as a Doctor himself. A lot of critical duties such as giving the patients medicines, intravenous injections, salines etc., rushing the emergency patients to the critical care, assisting doctors in their works and other duties like that depend on the nurses. Carelessness might be too dangerous for the patients, to the point of life-threatening.
In short, these are the most important Nursing Assistant Resume Skills for your next resume.
How to build an Optimized Resume for Nursing Assistant jobs that will get more interview calls
Resume Optimization is the process of editing and updating your resume for a specific job posting. As companies are becoming prone to using ATS more and more, the importance of a highly targeted resume is increasing. ATS (Applicant Tracking Systems) scans and parses resumes based on the presence of relevant keywords matching the Job Description. That’s why using a single general resume for all job applications does not work anymore.
To optimize your resume, you need to find out about Nursing Assistant Resume Skills and Nursing Assistant Resume Keywords. Including them in your resume will help your resume match better with the job description. Thus, ATS will find your application more relevant and score you higher- and improve your chances of getting more interview calls.
So, before you build a resume and send out the application, optimize your resume by extracting relevant keywords from the job description and include them in your resume.
List of Important Nursing Assistant Resume Keywords
Below we have provided a list of common Nursing Assistant Resume Keywords.
Nursing, Meals, Showers, Critical Care, Pain Management, Health Promotion, Infection Control, Professional Publications, Professional Standards, Jcaho Standards, Vital Signs, ICE, Patient, Judgment, Teamwork, Organization, Management
Resume Keywords can vary slightly from one job posting to another. So it is better that whenever you are applying for a new job, go through the job description each time. Then, Extract relevant keywords to include them in your resume. RezRunner will help you with this.
How to Extract Nursing Assistant Resume Keywords from a Job Description
You can either extract the keywords manually from a job description by studying them carefully and picking out important and repetitive phrases. Or you can use RezRunner Resume optimization tool to save your time and energy. Here’s how:
- Copy the job description and paste in the “Job Description” Box
- Copy your current Resume and paste it in the “Resume” box
- Click on “Run”
- See the shortcomings of your resume in the results
- Click on RezBooster to get a complete list of missing Hard Skills and Soft Skills for using as your Hospitality Resume Keywords
- If you want to know how to use RezBooster read
Guide to using RezBooster